Thursday 2 July 2009

Searching...

I have two appointments later with the job agencies in town. I have realised that I would like the following:

1. A casual dress code

2. Less restrictive timesheets (accounting for each 5-minute increment of your day for 7.5 hours is the best way to take the joy out of a job. Promise.)

3. I need to be able to get to work by walking, minimal public transport or cycling.

4. If I can work from home, that would be perfect.

5. Also, would like my salary to be close to what I was earning previously.

That's not too much to ask, right?

What's that you say? Pigs will fly?

I am sure I can meet three of those five. Probably not all of them. If I can find a job that meets three of the five and provides me with some job security (i.e. I am there temporarily and know it or I sign a contract for a year), I will be extremely happy.

One benefit to this whole redundancy thing has been more time with C. Also, it's summer. And England is in the midst of a heat wave! Sunny days, warm weather, loud music...I got it made.

Despite everything, there really is a silver lining to this unemployment.

1 comment:

JCSuperska said...

likewise honey bun, still feeling a bit battered and appear to have accidentally bought a house, but these things aside am examining all the other things i wanted to do before i became a doodlebugger and realising i still like the idea of them too :) plus it means i can take weekly piano lessons and capoeira without breaks meaning i should actually progress at something for once :)